News from the Nurse’s Office
My name is Anna Davis and I am excited to be offering health services for the 15th year at Hayden Valley Schools. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding your student’s health and wellness while in school. I’m excited to have Kylee Bowman as an addition to the health team. Kylee grew up in the valley and is a Hayden Alumni. She has been a nurse for 9 years with 6 of those in pediatrics.
Listed below are other reminders to ensure students’ medical needs are met during the 2023/2024 school year.
- Students with a medical issue/health concern will be asked to complete a Health Care Plan to ensure the student’s safety while in school.
- Students who require the use of any medication during school hours need to contact the health room staff or the school administrative assistant to complete the appropriate paperwork.
- We have some students in the district with nut allergies and we are a NUT AWARE district. If your student is in a class with another student who has a known nut allergy we ask you to limit the use of nut products in that class.
- If your student has a fever of 100 degrees or higher please keep them home from school until the temperature has resolved without the use of medication. Students with a fever will also be sent home from school. In addition, students who are vomiting or have diarrhea need
to be excluded from school. If your student is sent home from school, they may not return for 24 hours after symptoms have subsided without the use of medication. In addition, if an ill student needs to be on antibiotics they must wait 24 hours after the first dose is given before returning to school.
- It is HIGHLY encouraged that students sent home from school do not attend after-school events or extra-curricular activities.
- Immunization records or exempt waivers are reviewed and need to be signed each school year.
- NEW in 2023 – Any student seeking personal exemption from vaccinations needs to complete a one-hour training through the CDPHE and provide proof of the training with the signed waiver. This is also to be done yearly. The training can be found at: cdphe.colorado.gov/
- School attendance is very important for academic success.
- Please help us keep our students and staff as healthy as possible. Encourage your student to drink plenty of water, eat a well-balanced diet, get adequate rest, wash hands often, and sneeze/cough into a tissue or elbow.
- Refer to the following link on when to send an ill child to school.
- It is recommended and encouraged to quartine for 5 days after a positive test.
- Masks are encouraged for an additional 5 days after a positive test.
- Please call the health room if you have an exposure and we will determine the best solution for the scenario.
- For more information on quarantine and isolation please refer to the following link: https://www.cdc.gov/
coronavirus/2019-ncov/ community/schools-childcare/k- 12-childcare-guidance.html
Thank you for your cooperation,
Anna Davis, BSN, RN, NCSN -School Nurse Coordinator
Kylee Bowman, BSN, RN – School Nurse
Anna Davis, RN, BSN, NCSN – School Nurse Coordinator
(970) 276-3864 Ext. 4149
Kylee Bowman, BSN, RN
Vision and hearing screenings will be done on all elementary students, 7th and 9th grades. If your child does not pass the vision screening a referral will be sent home. If your child does not pass the hearing screening they will be screened by the school audiologist.
News from the Hayden Health Advisory Council
The health of young people is directly tied to their academic achievement as well as their potential for overall success and quality of life. The Hayden Health Advisory Council facilitates collaboration between the District and stakeholders on issues that impact the health and the future success of students, families and the community. A team approach is used to examine research-based evidence linking health and learning; utilize data to guide recommendations for programmatic and policy changes; leverage resources to help fund efforts; and create a flow of information between the District, community partners, School Board and parents.
For more information about our efforts please contact Megan Svoboda, Health & Wellness Coordinator, at email@example.com