The local Wellness Policy is located under “Section A” then under “ADF”
News from the Nurse’s Office
Welcome Back – I am excited to be offering health services for the school district again this year. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding your student’s health and wellness while in school. We have several students in the district with nut allergies so please refrain from sending ANY NUT products to school. Listed below are other reminders to ensure students medical needs are met during the 2016/2017 school year.
- Students with a medical issue/health concern will be asked to complete a Health Care Plan to ensure the student’s safety while in school.
- Students who require use of any medication during school hours need to contact the nurse or secretary and complete the appropriate paperwork.
- If your student has a fever of 100 degrees or higher please keep them home from school until the temperature has resolved without the use of medication. Students with a fever will also be sent home from school. In addition students who are vomiting or have diarrhea need to be excluded from school. If your student is sent home from school they may not return for 24 hours after symptoms have subsided without the use of medication. In addition, if an ill student needs to be on antibiotics they must wait for 24 hours after the first dose is given before returning to school.
- It is HIGHLY encouraged that students sent home from school not attend after school events or extra-curricular activities.
- School attendance is very important for academic success. Please help us keep our students and staff as healthy as possible. Encourage your student to drink plenty of water, eat a well-balanced diet, get adequate rest, wash hands often, and sneeze/cough into a tissue or elbow.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Anna Davis, RN, BSN – Hayden School District Nurse
- VISION/HEARING UPDATE: Vision and hearing screenings will be done on all elementary students, 7th and 9th grades. If your child does not pass the vision screening a referral will be sent home. If your child does not pass the hearing screening they will be screened by the school audiologist.
News from the Hayden Health Advisory Council
The health of young people is directly tied to their academic achievement as well as their potential for overall success and quality of life. The Hayden Health Advisory Council facilitates collaboration between the District and stakeholders on issues that impact the health and the future success of students, families and the community. A team approach is used to examine research-based evidence linking health and learning; utilize data to guide recommendations for programmatic and policy changes; leverage resources to help fund efforts; and create a flow of information between the District, community partners, School Board and parents.
We meet the 2nd Tuesday of the month during the school year in the District Boardroom at 4:30PM.
For more information about our efforts please contact Kristi Brown, Health & Wellness Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2013-2014 Health and Wellness Projects
- 2014-2015 Health and Wellness Projects
- 2015-2016 Health and Wellness Projects
- 2016-2017 Health and Wellness Projects
- District Scores in top 10 in state in Health & Wellness
For more information and current projects, please click on the website button below.